The skin on the inner thighs is extremely sensitive, as this is one area where a lot of friction happens. Moreover, this area is almost always moist and warm, especially in people who are overweight. There are many conditions that can lead to the appearance of bumps on the inner thigh. Some of them are not severe and they might even go away on their own, requiring very little or no medical attention. Others, however, are quite severe and might require medical intervention and treatment.
Do not think that the appearance of bumps on inner thigh is a matter of no importance. If left untreated, serious cases can become even more complicated, requiring thus even more complex medical treatments. This will only be detrimental to your health on the long run. Instead, you might want to visit a specialized doctor and together, ascertain both the causes and the necessary treatments for the bumps on inner thigh. Keep in mind that the doctor might ask you when the bumps have appeared for the first time.
Causes of Bumps on Inner Thigh
These are the most common causes that lead to the appearance of bumps on inner thigh:
This is a skin disorder in which blackheads, red bumps and other breakouts appear on the skin, including on the inner thighs, due to excessive sweating. The lesions often break and you will see that a foul smelling liquid will ooze from them. Such a lesion is the perfect site for a bacterial infection, as the excess sebum mixed together with dead skin cells can get easily infected.
This is a bacterial infection that clogs the hair follicle and it can also be present on the inner thighs. Often times, the bacteria leads to the appearance of boils that are both painful and itchy.
This is one of the most serious bacterial infections and the lesions are often accompanied by upsetting symptoms, including pain, redness, heat and swelling. Abscesses present on the inner thighs are large in size and they can also be associated with cysts and even gangrene.
In children, warts are often encountered on different parts of the body, including the inner thighs and they are more frequent than in adults. However, in adults, the warts are present high on the inner high, being a sign of a genital infection. The skin in that area is dry and scaly and the lesions can be swollen and painful to the touch.
This is also a viral infection but the lesions produced by this virus are different than other types of viruses: their color resembles the one of the skin and they have a dimple on top.
Sexually transmitted diseases
There are two types of diseases that can lead to the appearance of bumps on the inner thighs and both of them are extremely painful. The lesions appear high on the thigh and near the genital area, being often presented as blisters.
- Herpes – apart from the skin lesions, there are other symptoms such as fever, headaches, fatigue and muscle pain patients will experience
- Syphilis – the skin lesions (blisters and extended rash) are accompanied by muscle pain, headaches, fever and chills
If the bumps present on the inner thighs are under the skin, then it might be a good idea to see an oncologist.
In case of injuries or traumas, the bumps should shrink or disappear in a few days.
If the skin touches harmful or chemical, irritating substances.
Treatment for Bumps on inner thigh
These are the most common courses of treatment undertaken for bumps present on the inner thighs, depending on the underlying pathology:
For hidradenitis suppurativa – all of the measures presented below will help the bumps on the inner thighs heal faster:
- Improved body hygiene
- Anti-bacterial soaps
- Clothing made from cotton, comfortable
- Weight loss
- Quit smoking
Treatment for other conditions:
- Contact dermatitis – anti-histamines and corticosteroids
- Bacterial infection – antibiotics
- Warm compresses and elevated legs for swelling and pain
- Viral infections – anti-viral medication, topical and orally administered
- Warts – cryotherapy, liquid nitrogen and topical creams
- Tumor – immediate removal, before it comes into contact with blood vessels or bone
Pictures of Bumps on Inner Thigh
Collection of images, photos and pictures of bumps on the inner thigh…
- Tea tree oil – anti-septic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Turmeric – anti-septic, anti-inflammatory properties
- Onion – anti-septic, promotes eruption in case of boils present on inner thighs
- Neem – anti-septic, anti-bacterial properties
- Epsom salt – speeds the drainage of the boils present on the inner thighs
As you have seen for yourself, when it comes to treating bumps present on the inner surface of your thighs, you have both different types of medication available and also plenty of natural remedies to choose from.