Baking soda is often used in the kitchen, being recommended for cooking and cleaning. However, not many people know that baking soda has many beneficial properties on the health. If you are having problems with your skin, then you should definitely consider a baking soda bath. It will help to balance the pH of the skin, providing a healthy glow. The baking soda bath is an excellent remedy if you are interested in eliminating toxins from the skin. This remedy will keep your skin healthy, with old layers being removed and the dry skin being moisturized.
While the main organs responsible for the excretion of toxins are the kidneys, it is important to understand that the skin also allows for toxins to be eliminated. The baking soda bath can be one of the most efficient methods of detoxification, especially if you are suffering from dry skin. The body can benefit from the healing properties of baking soda; as the body stands in the water, the skin is detoxified and damage is reduced. A detoxification bath with baking soda will contribute to the strengthening of the immune system, allowing for potential illnesses to be prevented.
Benefits of Baking Soda Bath
- Detoxification of the entire body
- The baking soda bath allows for the elimination of toxins coming from air pollution, diet and sugary acid drinks
- By choosing this natural solution, one can reduce the negative effects of alcohol, caffeine and nicotine
- Balanced pH of the body
- Natural method, does not cause any side-effects or complications
- Recommended for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Hemorrhoid pain
- Fungal infection – vaginal yeast infection
- Genital problems
- Natural remedy for:
- Irritated skin
- Skin conditions that associate itchiness
- Reduction of discomfort/burning sensation
- Keeps the skin moisturized and silky – Recommended for dry skin
- Beneficial for people who suffer from allergies, as it does not contain any chemicals or harmful substances
- Does not add smell or color to the water
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Allows a person to relax, improving sleeping
- Recommended for people who suffer from the burnout syndrome
- Better concentration
- Promotes muscle relaxation
- Pain relief in case of muscular cramps or muscle strains
- Can help with the symptoms of headaches and migraines
- Beneficial for people who suffer from rheumatic conditions
- Improves joint health
- Better range of motion.
How to take a baking soda bath?
If you have decided that you want to take a baking soda bath, then there are several steps that you need to follow:
- Make sure that you have enough time to take the bath. You need to stay in the water for a sufficient period of time, in order for the toxins to be eliminated and the beneficial properties of baking soda to do their magic.
- It is preferred that you choose hot water for the baking soda bath. Also, keep in mind that excessive quantities of chlorine might interfere with the beneficial properties of baking soda. It is recommended that you use a special filter for chlorine.
- Add baking soda to the water. This substance has cleansing properties, being recommended as a natural antifungal remedy. You can use baking soda that is recommended to be used in swimming pools or even the one commonly indicated for baking. They have the same level of efficiency when it comes to detoxifying the body and keeping the body moisturized.
- For better results, you can add additional ingredients to the baking soda bath. Among the most recommended, there are:
- Epsom salt (contains magnesium sulfate – helps the body to maintain regular magnesium levels, while flushing out toxins)
- Ginger (helps with toxin elimination, promoting sweating)
- Essential oils (lavender, tea tree oil or eucalyptus – promote relaxation and detoxification)
- Fresh herbs (mint leaves, lavender or chamomile – soothing effect)
- Once you have added all the ingredients, you can soak in the water. It is recommended that you spend at least 40 minutes in the water, for the baking soda to work.
- Be careful when you get out of the bath. All the sweating can lead to dehydration and this can make you dizzy. Step out carefully and drink plenty of water afterwards to hydrate your body.
Tips and Precautions
These are the most common tips and precautions offered to those who are interested in taking a baking soda bath:
- A good body scrub is recommended before the baking soda bath. This is because the scrub will remove the dead skin cells and it will activate the lymphatic system. The activation will promote the elimination of toxins during the bath.
- Precaution should be taken in case you are suffering from certain health problems, such as high blood pressure or diabetes. You should talk to your doctor about taking a baking soda bath and see whether he/she approves.
- The temperature of the water chosen for the bath should not be too high, as it will increase the risk of burns on the skin. Too hot of a temperature can also make you feel dizzy or increase the risk for fainting when getting out of the bathtub. Reduce the temperature of water if you feel faint or dizzy.
- If you have consumed alcohol or taken certain medication, it is for the best to refrain from taking a baking soda bath. The risk for fainting is increased and, if that happens in the water, then you could drown. It is for the best that you choose a special day to have your bath, making sure that you did not drink any alcohol or taken any medication.
In conclusion, there are many benefits that a baking soda bath provides, starting with the detoxification and moisturizing of the skin. Use the recommended steps to take a baking soda bath and make sure that you read the precautions that you need to take carefully. Take your time to stay in the water, so as the baking soda can work and make sure that you repeat the process constantly for better results.