If you want to have strong and healthy hair, then you should definitely consider using almond oil. Containing all sort of beneficial substances for the hair, it can be the perfect remedy against hair loss or hair thinning. It will nourish and moisturize the scalp, helping those who suffer from dry skin. Moreover, if you have damaged hair, almond oil is considered as the perfect choice for hair regeneration. Soon after using it, you will notice that your hair has regained its natural luster and shine. The hair strands are going to be thicker and you will definitely recommend this natural remedy to everyone.
Benefits of Almond Oil for Hair
These are the benefits of using almond oil for hair:
- Almond oil contains vitamins that are necessary for the health of the hair, such as: vitamin E, D, B1, B2, B6 and A
- If you are looking for a natural conditioner, then you should certainly consider almond oil, as it contains healthy vitamin E
- It also contains fatty acids that can nourish the hair, helping it become stronger and more resistant to damage
- It is a safe natural remedy against hair thinning, damage or loss, causing no side-effects or complications
- It is simple to use, does not require any complicated procedure or application steps to complete
- It helps the hair regain its natural luster
- It can be combined with other oils, such as Neem or tea tree oil, for better results
- When applied directly to the scalp skin, it stimulates the blood flow
- Can also be recommended as a remedy against dandruff
- It is a natural remedy against hair loss, particularly when used in combination with other oils, such as rosemary or lavender
- Almond oil has the benefit of reducing inflammation at the level of the scalp, bringing a soothing effect
- It can help for any lacerations or cuts to heal faster at the level of the scalp
- Removes dead skin cells from the scalp
How to use almond oil for hair
If you have decided to use almond oil for hair, then there are a few simple steps that you need to follow. The application of almond oil on the hair depends on the benefits you are interested in obtaining from this natural remedy.
For example, if you are looking to stimulate the scalp and get rid of dandruff, you should start by applying a small quantity of almond oil on your hands and gently massaging it throughout the scalp. The scalp massage should last for almost a quarter of an hour and then you can extend the almond oil into the hair. The almond oil can stay for as long as you wish on the head; in fact, experts recommend that one goes to sleep with it for the best results. In the morning, all you have to do is wash your hair as if you would normally do.
Almond oil is recommended as a natural remedy for hair growth as well. If you want to stimulate your hair to grow, then be sure to mix it with hibiscus flowers and castor oil for the best results. The mixture should be warmed before applied to the head; after applied to the scalp, it should be massaged for 10 minutes and then left on for about an hour. After the hour has passed, wash your hair with shampoo. The application should be repeated at least twice a week, in order to promote hair growth.
If you want to regain the natural shine of the hair, a simple application of almond oil on the hair should be enough. This remedy is recommended for both straight and curly hair. Almond oil is also recommended for split ends – for this purpose, it should be massaged to the end of the hair strands. Repeated applications will prevent splitting.
Almond oil is great in case you want your hair to be silky and soft. For this purpose, you will want to mix the almond oil with water and herbal henna (powder) and leave it overnight. Or, if you want, you can mix the almond oil with eggs and apply them directly to the hair. The mixture should be kept on for about 10 minutes and rinsed off with shampoo.
Tips and precautions
When considering almond oil as a natural remedy for your hair, there are a few tips and precautions to know:
- Purchase only top quality almond oil – you can check the quality according to the consistency. Quality almond oil should be thick.
- Visit specialized stores that sell organic almond oil, as this is the most recommended.
- Check out the label of the product, so as to make sure that it does not contain any harmful ingredients or substances that you are allergic to.
- Repeat the application more than once, in order to obtain the desired results.
- Avoid factors that might influence the quality of the treatment, such as aggressive shampoos, prolonged exposure to the sun or hair care products that contain synthetic ingredients.
- Keep in mind that it is recommended to warm the almond oil before applying it to the scalp. However, this does not mean you should make it hot. By doing that, you can burn the skin on your scalp and suffer from other problems.
- The fingers should be dipped in the almond oil; then, part your hair sideways and apply it to the scalp.
- Do not just pour the almond oil on your scalp. Use only a small amount on your fingers and spread it evenly on the entire area of the scalp.
- The idea is not to rub the hair strands, as this will only lead to them breaking. It is for the best that you massage the skin scalp, for the almond oil to penetrate the skin.
- The recommendation is that you leave the almond oil on your head over night. However, you should refrain from keeping it more than 24 hours, as it will lead to hair damage.
- Wrap a how towel around your head after you have applied the almond oil. It will allow for the oil to better enter into the skin.